Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Windy City!

It's about time I get around to doing this one!

So the ITF World Tournament was held in Chicago this year! 

The ride up there was longgg yet thankfully not so dredful.. 
I rode with the Perry ladies, that was super fun!
I made them do things they'da never done without me! LOL
Here's one...
We stood on tables at a McDonald's and made a musical!

Friday I got to go into the city with Nikole! 
We did the Double Decker Bus Tour so that we could see it all!..
Too bad Vince Vaughn wasn't our tour guide!

 The John Hancock building & American Girl Place
I wanted to go in so bad! I'm such a kid, HA!
Symphony Center & Art Institute
The Bean! Super excited to see that one!
I bet I stood in the same tile piece that Channing Tatum did in The Vow!
Rub the tail for goodluck.. still waiting for it to kick in?!
And on this trip I had Chicago pizza & a Chicago hot dog!
They're both so yummy! & I don't even like hot dogs! XD

Chicago was a beautiful/fun city and I'd love to go back!
It'd be fun to live there.. be a city girl and not need a car &walk everywhere!
 
For the karate part of this trip..
It's the longest tournament I've experienced!
I was there at 6:45 for registration and it didn't end til 11:30ish! 

In all it was an amazing trip!
I had tons of fun with friends 
and was happy to see my extended karate family(:
I placed 2nd in breaking with Brittni in 1st so I was totally ok with that!(:
I didn't place in forms or weapons but 
I think that was the best I've performed both of those, so kudos to me!

Next tournament is supposed to be in Portugal
I think I can deal! Starting to save now!
And I plan on going back to sparring,
I wanna take home a medal in that! XD


No comments:

Post a Comment